New Year Treasure Hunt
Did you have success with the clues? Whether anyone could have completed the whole course in one short winter’s day, I don’t know! Here are the solutions / locations:
- The main 60ft. tree in Bournemouth Christmas Tree Wonderland, Lower Central Gardens.
- At the end of Bournemouth pier.
- BCP Council Offices, formerly Bournemouth Town Hall, formerly Mont Dore Spa Hotel, Bourne Avenue.
- At the entrance to the Sovereign Shopping Centre, Boscombe.
- The Double Dykes, Hengistbury Head.
- Near the stone sculpture by Jonathon Sells of a bell-ringer with other images, Christchurch Priory Gardens.
- Ducking Stool Lane, Christchurch.
- Outside Next, Castlepoint Shopping Centre.
- The main entrance of Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow.
- Sea View viewpoint, Constitution Hill Road, Poole.
- The Ark café, Poole Park.
- The Broomhill Stone, New Quay Road, Hamworthy.
- Sandbanks Ferry terminal.
- The garden of Skerryvore, home to Robert Louis Stevenson, Alum Chine Road, Westbourne.
- Branksome Beach Restaurant, originally Branksome Solarium, Branksome Chine.
I like to think that the imaginary five winning teams were greeted at the restaurant with a sumptuous buffet and other prizes. Sadly, the virtual version does not offer prizes, but I hope that you enjoyed it all the same.
Seven Maritime Trades
- O ferry master Oyster farmer
- Shin frame Fisherman
- Mare poker Ropemaker
- Ransom hitch Anchorsmith
- Daft men can hold new run Newfoundland merchant
- A liver cult Victualler
- Rope Co. Cooper
Six Dorset Castles
- Lulworth Castle
- Corfe Castle
- Maiden Castle
- Highcliffe Castle
- Sherborne old Castle
- Brownsea Castle
Left to right: Former Branksome Council Buildings / Brownsea Church / Branksome Water Tower, Mansfield Road / Wimborne Minster / Canford School.
- Railway footbridge, Poole High Street
- Twin sails bridge
- Poole / Hamworthy old lifting bridge
- Keyhole railway bridge, near Poole Park.
- Sir Merton Russell-Cotes
- Sir Percy Florence Shelley
- John J. Norton
One and only: Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.