Once again it’s time for you to rack your brains on our Christmas quiz (but not as much as I’ve racked mine trying to compile it!). Glory, and maybe a little prize as well, awaits anyone who can come up with a correct solution, so why not have a go between the Christmas festivities? Answers will be released in January.
Connections – Can you resolve these local clues and say what connects them?
- Kinson 14 / Bournemouth 16 / Lytchett Matravers 10 / Bournemouth 32
- M. A., hunter / M. B., defender / M. L., mayor / M. S-W., artist
- Isle of Purbeck / Maiden Castle / Luckford Lake / Nine Barrow Down
Sequences – Three clues: what should come next and why?
- Poole Corporation 1961 / Llewellin 1901 / Doughty 1828 / ?
- Rawston / Rushton / Keyneston / ?
- 17th – Royal Oak Tavern / 18th – Port Mahon Castle Inn / 19th – Waterloo Road / ?
Missing vowels – Identify the words or phrases by replacing the missing vowels.
- Mottos: WHS FRD / DMR MVL LDPL / PLCH RTDTS LBRTS / FRF DLT YNDF RDM
- Live entertainment: THRS HW / PLP RTS / BCHPL / BBMB
- Reading matter: DL YCH / GDBK / PLD VRT SR / SC LMD
- Poole pub crawl: NGL / BTL RN DHPS / BRM DTRN GL / BLBR
Good luck and have a happy Christmas. Jenny